Saturday, March 28, 2009

GREEN PAIN, RED PAIN



LET IT GO!


This is based on real stories, those surrounding me. I see how people carry their pain everywhere they go. Pain that is real, but also, created pain, supposed pain, fake pain, sorry pain but pain in general. No matter how the outsider sees the pain, it is real for whoever is carrying it.

Dealing with pain is not an easy task; it takes a great amount of time, energy and effort, either to carry it, to try to get rid of it, to make it disappear or simply to feel the emotional turbulence that comes when you think about it.

The pain can be felt in all kind of intensity and dimension. The way you see, take, feel or deal with pain is a very personal and unique way based on your experiences and individual build in terms of emotions, ideas and place.

Who’s to blame? Sometimes we can identify the factors or the people who caused us to feel pain. In other circumstances we know the pain was caused by oneself due to a lost, mistake or other situations. But who’s to blame if we don’t deal with our feelings the best way possible? Who’s to blame if we’re not brave enough to face our pain together with the people and factors involved? Who is responsible for my happiness? Who’s to blame if we don’t own the situation? Who can make a difference in our lives? Who is the one that can start taking steps toward feeling good and better about oneself?
You are the only one. Yes You!

Healing process:
Ask yourself the following questions. Why do I feel pain? Explore the situation that you think is causing you to feel that way. If you can not remember what is causing you pain, stop it, and let it go and do not try to find a reason.

Why do I constantly remind myself of this pain and stab my heart with it? What do I gain by doing this? Do I feel sorry for myself? It is very important that you don’t become your own enemy. You should be the one taking care of yourself and not blaming or making others responsible for it.

Are there any people I have to face? By facing people involved in your painful situation can bring healing, but have to ask yourself, if it’s worth the try? Would facing people that hurt me (or I hurt) cure me or create more chaos in my life?

Be honest about your feelings and take into consideration that when you faced other people they might be in pain as well. Validate other people’s feelings.

You are an adult now; you are in charge of your life, of your steps, of your feelings. Remember those days that you wanted to do things or go places but there were other people in charge of you? Remember when you had to explain yourself and ask for permission to do or go places and many times were not granted causing your frustration. So, guess what, those days are over, you are a grown person and you are free.






It is time to let it go.
A big hug and a big kiss from me to you.

It’s not the circumstances what I will remember in my future, but the way I felt while I was walking through it.

Coqueta





No comments: