Sunday, September 21, 2008

Deployment 8

Series: The Journey of a Deployment: Perspective of the one that stays awaiting (Bilingual)

HIM: “Mom, could you please do me a favor? Call her and tell her that I love her and I miss her very much.”


“Dicen que la distancia es el olvido”, pero hay amores que creecen y planifican aun la distacia sea kilometrica, separados por mares, continentes, horas, y dias.

HER: It is very difficult to keep this relationship going on. There are times that he could not call me and I get depress. I feel lonely most of the time. The depression is causing me to sleep longer and I’m not even going out as I used to. I need to study for my post grad test and it’s taking me too long, because my mind is busy with my future.

Yo no se porque la gente se preocupa por el futuro tanto, cuando pueden estar poniendo sus energies en el presente.

HIM: I want to be happy, and she is part of that happiness I’m planning for the future. I want to have my three girls with her, lol. She is so beautiful, she is my woman. I can’t wait to be with her.

HER: I love him very much, I can’t wait for him to be back. I know I want to be with him for the rest of my life but this distance is killing me. I feel like my life is in pause.

HIM: Do you think she will like this …? This is what I’m planning to do to surprise her……it will be her wedding gift.

Yo creo que ella va a quedar feliz y encantada con todo eso, pero que tal esta idea…

HER: I’ll email you what I have found for him, do you think he will like it.

Es de muy alta calidad, seguro que le va a gustar. Pero como estan las cosas entre ustedes.

HER: Well, communication sucks. It’s not his fault, it’s the internet connection, sometimes we can talk with no problems. But it happens that in the middle of something important he’ll get disconnected, and I hate it. The phone it’s another thing too. Its frustrating.

HIM: I haven’t been able to call her because too much work. They also question the numbers to call, and too much information to give. I wish I can talk to her more often, like we used to. Do you have three way connection, so I can talk to her?

No, lo siento pero no tengo tres lineas pero tengo una idea, espera, ya se como los voy a conectar.

Real love is not affected by distance if it’s combined with a very strong commitment, honesty, passion, loyalty and the desire to continue growing, not just as a couple but individually. No one is an island, here we are, friends, and family members to come to the rescue to do things better, specially for those that are trying, together, to do the right thing. We are supporting you guys.



No comments: