Saturday, October 18, 2008

Deployment 9

Series: The Journey of a Deployment: Perspective of the one that stays awaiting

_“Are you going out tonight?, her best friend China asked. _“Nope!”, she responded.
Katrina was in her best mood, that Friday night after work. As usual she, as a single woman, gather with her girl-friends at her apartment once a month for relaxation, drinking, dancing and good times.


While China was organizing the bar and the snacks, Katrina was fixing her hair, putting on perfume, a little bit of make up and looking fabulous. China again said; “are you trying to look cute for us”, while laughing loud. _”No, tonta, I have a date.”, Katrina responded. _“A date? Wait a minute, what’s going on, since when, what the heck happened with el Mexicano? Am I missing some information? Talk to me!, China demanded.

_”No, nothing is wrong, the date is with him. He will connect thru the internet at 1:00 AM and I want to look beautiful for him.”, Katrina explained. China started to laugh out loud again, saying Katrina was crazy. _”Kat, I really hope this is over soon because you are loosing it. And what with the perfume, he won’t be able to smell you”, China instigated.

_”He won’t be able to smell me but my perfume will set my sensuality for him when I place myself in front of the camera.” Katrina said. “Tonite we will have fun as usual, I want to dance, I want to feel good, and you guys have been great to me, with your company, your support and all, but by 1:00 AM, I want all your drunk assess out of my place so I can be alone with my baby.” Katrina instructed China. _”You got it girl”, China concluded.

Six other friends arrived at Katrina’s apartment. They dance, talked, snack (munch) and drink Margaritas. They really know how to party. They talk about work, family, future, and their best subject, men. They went on with their creativity about what is best for seduction, what are the best clothing for “bed time” and the best shoes too. They exchange addresses for those stores to find “tools” to inspire the man in their lives. While the time was going fast, the laughs and voices raises, but they were having the best time as is expected at Katrina’s place.

Suddenly, China said to the group, “hey, listen up, did you guys know that Katrina have a date?” Some faces in the group were puzzled do to the fact they all knew how in love Katrina is with her boyfriend. China continued saying; “oh, no, don’t panic, she have a date with her Mexican guy.” That last line brought some relieve to the group, because they, as friend have been there thru the difficulties of Katrina‘s first deployment, well, her boyfriend‘s. _”Oh my gosh China, que sucia eres, telling on me.”, Katrina said while laughing. _”Okay, details please”, demanded Maria, one of the friends, supported by the rest of the girls.

_”Well, I have a date with my Caramelo. As soon as he connects I will put my camera on so he can see this Chiquita’s beauty.” Katrina started her version. _”Wepa“, Sanky yield. _”Could you please educate us in web cam uses please”, China asked Katrina. At this point all of them started to chant; “details, details, details“, all laughing loud.

_”Okay, but don’t be so loud or the neighbors will call the police. Well, my baby always wants to see me. Y yo lo complasco en t-o-d-o, {giggling}, I place the camera and I just sat there so he can see me while I smile, throw kisses, and talk to him.”, Katrina’s speech to the group.
_“And…?” China instigated again. _”That’s all I do!”, Katrina was giving herself up with the non-stop laugh that could be heard at the other side of the planet. Her friends laugh too but started their famous saying: “details, details, details”. _”Okay. I show him my love when I’m in front of the camera. I show all my sensuality, I dance and I make him feel good, that’s all folks.” Katrina concluded her brief speech.


_”Ah, come on, give us more”, some of the girls said. _”Just use your imagination guys”, Katrina suggested. Katrina got comments from; “you are crazy”, “you are nuts”, “you’re special case”, “ese Mexicano te va a partir en dos cuando llegue”, “wow, that’s so cool” and on and so on.

After midnight one by one started to help cleaning and leaving the place. Exactly by 1:00 AM Katrina’s boyfriend connected, at this time only left were China and Sanky finishing up the organization and saying good-bye.


Katrina allowed her spirit to be free and happy, she felt closed to her soul-mate under the circumstances. He, as usual, made her feel special and unique. Saturday morning was full of romance, sensuality and love. Katrina went to sleep with a smile on her face and a big hope on her heart for this time to pass by quickly.

No comments: